How Do I Register My Children?
Bring the following documents to PS 102 to register your child or children.
- Child’s Birth Certificate / Passport
- Immunization Card
- A parent or Legal Guardian Current Identification
- Child’s Medical Insurance Card
- 2 pieces of information as proof of address: Con Edison Bill, Rent or Mortgage Statement
- If your child requires additional educational support please provide this documentation at the time of registration.
- Please make sure your child is present at the time of registration.
- Click on this NYC DOE for additional information.
Which curriculum does your school use K-5th?
- English Language Arts/Literacy: Teachers College Readers and Writers Workshop
- Math: enVision Math
- Fundations K- 2 Phonemic Awareness Phonological Program
- Science: Amplify Science and hands-on science lab activities
- Social Studies: NYCDOE’s Passport to Social Studies
- Music: All students are engaged in Music Classes weekly. 3K - 5th
- Physical Education: 2 days per week of phys ed
- Technology: Coding, and various computer skills (varies by grade)
How do you get students to improve their scores?
We believe that data drives instruction, So we can monitor students to locate their areas of strength and work on areas in need of improvement. We differentiate their daily classroom work based on needs. We always ask that they think critically and give them the resources and support they need to accomplish those task
- Progress Monitoring:
- NYC Benchmark Performance Task
- Fountas and Pinnell Literacy Assessment
- Daily classroom formative assessment